Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving list.


This might not be the most interesting blog post to read, but I thought for my own encouragement, I wanted to write out some things that are on my heart that I'm thankful for.  We are celebrating Thanksgiving a week early with our SIM team tomorrow (at our house!), and I am gearing up mentally.  Also, I've made parts of a sweet potato casserole (savory, with bacon!) and a sweet potato pie tonight...with plans to whip up some dinner rolls and cider tomorrow.  So, in no certain order, I am thankful for:


  • a clean bill of health for our little guy we're hoping will be assigned to us soon
  • a chance to get to know our new, interim country director today
  • daughters who love to play and laugh and be silly together
  • Natty's patience with Jubilee when she throws fits
  • Jubilee's ability to adapt to Natty's suggestions
  • an amazing husband who loves to tour people around, even when he's feeling sick
  • a God who continues to work on us even when we struggle with the same issues FOREVER
  • coffee
  • fresh fruit
  • the hope of starting to build our first house in March
  • our loving parents who will come to visit next year
  • such sweet friends that we can share life with
  • a deep and trusting relationship with our pastor and his family
  • intense blue skies with no clouds
  • farm animals that live in our neighborhood
  • good books that challenge and/or entertain me
  • our house helper, Fely
  • the fact that I'm sitting on the couch in short sleeves right now, after dark, and I'm not cold (this only happens a few weeks out of the year)
  • my best friend coming to visit in ONE MONTH (Ally!!!!!!)
Oh, there is so much more.  It's good to stop and make a point of thinking about everything we have to be thankful for.  Without wanting to sound like a Sunday school teacher, I am most grateful that Christ has covered me in His righteousness and nothing I can do or don't do will change the way God sees me- as His beloved.  That's good.  That's comforting.  So, although we won't be eating turkey this year, I am full of thanks.

2 comments:

Steve said...

There's never a wrong time to be thankful! I'm very thankful that those I love have so very much to be thankful for! Lots of love coming to you as you celebrate God's goodness.

mims said...

What a nice blog, Lisa. Thanks for posting it. Its good to hear that your little gals are getting along better than they used to. Miss Natty is "growing up". We are looking forward to seeing you in the coming year.