Friday, January 18, 2013

Seasons.

I feel like I hear the word "season" a lot in the Christian vocabulary (mine included)...  A "season of quiet" or a "season of busyness" or a "season of rest".  It's a good word, I think, because there does seem to be defined periods of time that the Lord creates in our lives that often have distinct beginnings and/or endings.  I think I'm coming to an end of a season, of sorts.  And, I'm not sure how well I'm handling it.  It's the season of babies.  I've had my last, unless the Lord adds by adoption.  One child is starting school in a few weeks.  I went to her little kindergarten and enrolled her yesterday.  Then I bought her some jello to make myself feel better.  I'm not freaking out yet, but I might cry a bit the week she starts.  I had to remind myself that some missionaries have to send their kids to boarding school and at least she'll still be living with us and home in the afternoons.  Also, I'm planning a huge first birthday party for next month.  My baby is going to be one.  So, I feel this change and have been feeling it coming ever since Jubilee was born.  My kids will only get older and bigger and more mature now.  We won't go through newborn cries and breastfeeding and snugly baby stages anymore.  I think I've done a fair amount of grieving (or complaining) about that already so I'm starting to come to terms with it.  But, it feels weird.  However, I'm starting to learn that life is a series of events that may or may not be exactly what you want and  you can choose to fight against them or trust that they are the Lord's perfect plan for your life and they are good.  I'm working on the latter.


1 comment:

Steve said...

It's never easy to release those precious days with our children, but the Lord does bring priceless moments into each and every one of them. I understand your feelings, though.... I still miss YOU being that little :). Love to you all!