Sunday, February 06, 2011

What's new

Papi and Natty time.
Blackberries!
Cook-out with our favorite Cochabambinos.
Grass at the guesthouse.
Taking off from El Alto- a plateau at 14,000ft.
Well, I don't have much profound to say today...I'll save that for another time when I've had a few quiet moments to think about what might be going on in my mind and heart with regard to Zion.
Today, I'll just fill you in a bit on what we've been up to- just for the sake of those who kindly check my blog and want to know how we are doing. We just returned from 6 days in lovely Cochabamba. The weather was on and off rainy all week, which made for just enough sunny and warm days along with some nice, cooler, rainy days that were perfect for book reading, or when Natty was up, movie watching. Scotty was in meetings for the mission from morning to dinner time, so the in-laws and I enjoyed hanging around the SIM guest house. My favorite part is the beautiful, large, grassy yard. Natty woke up every morning and immediately demanded that we go outside. Most days she could roam with bare feet and would run as fast as her chubby legs would take her to chase after a bird or look for the dog or just because she could. One day, she spent an hour or so throwing her dog to me and then dramatically falling down and rolling around in the grass when she missed catching him as I returned the throw. On one of the walls was a glorious blackberry vine that she would also insist that we pick from anytime she noticed or thought about it. Scotty's parents happily took care of Natty one morning while I went to the used clothing section of the cancha- Cochabamba's enormous market. It was a joy to be by myself and slowly browse the stores without interruption. And, Scotty and I even managed a date at our favorite restaurant. Other than this trip, we have been mostly around the house or nearby running errands. Every room in our apartment now has a couple painted walls, thanks to my father-in-law and Natty continues to enjoy the extra playmates that our parents have been to her. IBM's women's Bible study started up last week with a whopping 20 ladies in attendance! We'll be studying Beth Moore's Jesus the One and Only in Spanish and I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with some of the women from church through this time together every 2 weeks. I also feel like Spanish sounds like a foreign language again because of how much time I've been with my English speaking family and really need the speaking outlet. Natty is as pleasant as ever- we are oh so grateful for the lovely personality God has given her. She has just started the "why" phase- asking that often complicated question about half the time we tell her something. She loves Clifford books, playing in dirt and water, taking walks, sculpting with play-doh, eating and dancing/singing. She's starting to enjoy other kids more, too, and I am thinking of finding a class to enroll her in after our parents are gone in order for her to have a more creative outlet and make new friends. Overall, we are feeling so thankful for the time we've had together as a family and know it was so important for us as we continue to wonder what the future looks like for us and our ministry. Thanks for continuing to pray.

3 comments:

Steve said...

The pictures are great... thanks for sharing. We thank God for the blessings of friends, family, fun outings, good food, and a precious little girl! So glad your trip went well and you are home safely. Enjoy the Misers for the time remaining! Our love and prayers go out to all of you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. Glad you got to Cochabamba...sounds lovely.

Erin said...

Lisa - though we've never met, I just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been much in my thoughts and prayers. It is good to hear a spark of hope in your "voice" lately and I pray God continues to grow this spark in your heart through the sad days still ahead. Much love to you,
Erin