Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Year and a half

Scotty and I celebrated our year and a half anniversary yesterday. I got up early to make bacon and cornmeal waffles (and coffee, of course), and set out a framed picture of us I had put together and a card that listed 18 reasons (for 18 months) that I love him. We marveled together that the time had passed so quickly, but admitted as well that so much has happened in this short time we've been married, that sometimes it seems much longer. We ran errands most of the day, enjoying clear skys and a warm sun. Scotty spent about an hour with 2 guys from his ESI (Equipping Servants Internship) class who have commited to meet weekly to be accountable and pray for each other. God has really blessed us with relationships like this that are so necessary for our spiritual growth. In the evening, Scotty took me to an Argentian steak house for dinner, only after presenting me with 18 yellow-tipped, pink roses and a sweet card, where we enjoyed a hearty meal. He proposed we rent a romantic film (how often do I get that proposal??) and we settled in for the night to finish of our day. Several times that day (and many others) we thanked God together for this gift of marriage. It seems that through the hard times, the misunderstandings, the hurt feelings, and the enjoyment as well, we have learned so much about God's grace and desire to bless us with good things. Sometimes our good comes through trials, so we embrace those as well, knowing that we have an opportunity to trust and rely on our Savior to get us through. Scotty is a man that makes me feel loved, who challenges me in my faith, who puts up with and forgives my sins against him, and who I am extrememly blessed to get to experience the highest highs and lowest lows with.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you two! What a wonderful day you had. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your marriage, and to each other. Hope you had a great day! Our love to both of you. Mom and Dad K

Julie Anne Todd said...

That is wonderful. I forgot that you two were married the day after Megan was born. I will always know how long you have been married!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was in the middle of typing a comment, this morning, and the power went off. And was off over and hour. The outage was huge - the whole Plateau. Some equipent at TVA crashed. Anyway, I was saying how much your comments warm our hearts, Lisa. We are SOOO glad that God brought you into Scotty's and our lives. We love you very much.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Happy, Happy anniversary!!!! You two are a sweet testimony of God's grace in marriage! May He continue to use your greatly as others see your love for one another and through that see the beauty and love of our LORD!